Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

second rate at best

Sail Date: April 08, 2015

Room Type: Suite

I have been on 3 Norweigian ships,,,the Star, the Sun, and now the Jade. I must say Jade was the best of the three but that's not saying much....food on their ships are second rate at best.  If their buffet,and some of the pay resturants were on land, they would be out of business in short time.  most local resturants anywhere I have traveled have better selection, and quality of food than Norweigian has. Bar service is predominately slow. Cabins are fine and ship was clean....two days we had no hot water in the morning.  I don't care what their chefs learned in culinary school they need to get some real people to show them how to cook some of the local favorites from different parts of the country.  On Jade the steak restaurant was  good as was the Brazilian  restaurant. But , all three ships I have been on were very lacking in the buffets. We have been on several HA ships as well as several of Carnival ships and find them better.

cabin stewart was great, cabin was clean and comfortable but nothing special. Two days we had no hotwater in the morning.