Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Busy itenerary, lots to do

Sail Date: April 23, 2014

Room Type: Suite

There's plenty to do on this cruise, the ports come fast and furious...there's a lot of walking involved

The suites are roomy, services great, pampered feel

Plenty of restaurants to chiose from, social and fun

The spa is doesn't make you feel good, it makes you feel used and fleeced avoid it

The suites complementary party is terrible, an opportunity for selling pics, unfriendly crew, no mingeling,  stingy captain, poor drink and food service. Other ships far superior.

Very, very poorly trained staff, worst for any ship I've been on for dietary concerns. I'm gluten free and buffet could not be used. Staff don't understand the word gluten except in specialty rooms, ALL staff don't understand you and hand you off up to 6 times, extremely annoying. Who ever trains the staff needs to do a huge amount of work here. I was restricted except for specialty restaurants. So, there is plenty of food, but I couldn't eat it from lack of information. Other ships are not like this.

This is personal. I don't like the ship. It's ugly and out of place. The Hawahian themes are way out of place. Specialty restaurants and all public spaces need an overhaul. Spaces I enjoyed on other ships, were ugly and not used on this ship.
I could not use the free dinning. No one, NO ONE on this ship knows what gluten free means. I could not eat in any public venue. Therefore the food/dining, was nonexsistant for me.
Ugly ship
Except for the untrained staff, all staff were kind with a good attitude.
Not a really happening ship. Not as good as other NCL on this front.
I loved the destinations, I used private excursions for quality and cost.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Rome is 30 minutes away on the train. The train is a20 minute walk away from the port, walkable but not really close to ship
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Need to hire a tour bus to get into Atens. Plan on paying $25. to get in and out. The town is a cute Little area, walkable but alot of walking.
Izmir, Turkey
Bus to sites 1 plus hours away. Requires tours or can not be accessed.
Naples, Italy
Need atour in this port. Sorrento is wonderful, best port for beuty and R&R on the tour.