Getaway was a fun ship!

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 20, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Getaway

This ship was a lot of fun.  The water slides were fun and fast, the mini-golf was much better than any ship I've been on, and the ropes course was so much fun.  We also rock-climbed, and the kids did the spider slide and the trampoline bungy.  While my kids didn't do the kids club - the kids that did seemed to have a lot of fun and enjoyed hanging out with each other.  The Glow party was a lot of fun - though my kids could only last about a half hour as the party didn't start until 10:30pm.

I would definitely go on this ship again!

Million Dollar Quartet - Watch it! (story of Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, and Johnny Cash meeting up at Sun Records in December 1956).
Burn the Floor - also worth watching (10 dancers)

I was disappointed in the service. I just did a Carnival cruise 3 weeks before and their service was 100 times better. Staff was not super friendly though there were some that you could tell enjoy their job or are just naturally outgoing.

Very clean and very nice!

It was a nice size cabin. It overlooked a panned roof that extended out about another 10 feet. I actually felt safer with having kids knowing if they climbed on the railing and fell they were not in any immediate danger of falling off the boat.

For those with third and fourth passengers, one bed came down from the ceiling, and the other additional bed was the couch that turned into a bed.

We never find the bowling until we were disembarking. It's hidden on the 7th floor near arcade games. There are two lanes. I'm assuming few ever played because it's so hidden. $5 per game per person.

We zip-lined and saw monkeys and birds. We did the excursion on our own. It cost $45 per person plus transportation costs (the taxi will stay with you the entire day). We negotiated $200 for the excursion.
It is so nice. The pool is ice cold - but it's a nice day to lay out. Food and drinks cost money (though it's their private island - so not thrilled with that aspect).
This is a really cute port that you can shop and a large pool (ice cold and very salty). The water park nearby seemed really large and fun. If we go to this port again, we'll definitely do the water park.
We wanted to para-sail. We couldn't negotiate for less than $70 per person. So we decided to keep going (since the discount from what the ship would have cost was somewhat minimal). We went to Mega which is like a Super Target or Super Walmart and they had a tourist place. They charge $60 per person and $15 per rider (if you don't want to para-sail but just watch your friends or family do it).