Not my thing

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

2 Night Bahamas Getaway (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 02, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Getaway

So, we figured we would try a cruise.  A long holiday weekend seemed like a good time to do that.  It was a short cruise because if I didn't like it I didn't want to be stuck for a whole week.

The good side (and why it got 3 stars)

staff was great

food was good

room was clean

the bad side

getting onto the boat ruined the vacation.  It took hours.  Why tell me to show up at 930 am when there was no way I was getting on that thing until after 2?  Torture?  Maybe they just wanted to set the mood the rest of the vacation?  Well, it did.

I flew in on the red eye and would have gotten a room or even took a later flight if I knew I had all that time.  When I actually got on the thing there was no direction where to go.  I just walked down the deck until I found an elevator.  I had a bunch of people following me because they assumed I knew where I was going.  Eventually I found my bed.  But "gopher" or whatever the first mate guy's name was kept talking over the loud speaker and kept me awake another few hours.

When I finally got to sleep most of the day was over.  So what a waste!

The port town was ok.  We had fun but it was way too short.  Then we were back on ship fighting with the crowds to get food.  It was like people were starving.  There was pushing and shoving and no way to enjoy your food with the loud noises.  We did a specialty venue one night, much better.

overall, learn from my experience.

Get there as late as possible

eat at the specialty restaurants and skip the crowds

do go to the spa

skip the god awful pool unless you really like manic children and drunk people

or have a real vacation, book a hotel room and get a car and come and go as you please.  I will garrentee you'll sleep better.

I needed more training to take on the buffet lines. I needed to bulk up so the pushing and shoving wouldn't have hurt so much.

Do specially dining and avoid the black and blue marks at the free buffet