Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Purser

NCL Getaway Cruise booked via

Sail Date: July 10, 2016

Booking the cruise and excursions through was wonderful and Mitchell was always available for questions.  I will book with him in the future!  The cruise was great (amenities, floor plan, activities, meals at the general dining areas and at the specialty restaurants, beverage package was exceptional) so all 7 of us enjoyed our trip.  The only downside was it felt we were faced with extra charges everywhere!  In the general dining room, several entries had a upcharge for "better" meals (really?), bingo and deal or no deal games were expensive, drink taxes while in port in Miami (even with the beverage package)....I don't mind the service charge for the stateroom attendant and others, but it was forced on us.  I wanted to adjust the rate since I left cash, but was not allowed to on ship.  A refund request had to be processed upon return.  I really did NOT like it being "required" considering the price of the cruise.  All NCL info stated I could adjust it if desired, but no where did it say I had to "apply" for an adjustment.  The stateroom personnel & others work hard and deserve tips, but don't make it difficult to leave them cash instead of charging my credit card.  p.s.  This was the cleanest cruise I've ever experienced!

Cabin / Stateroom Cabin was spacious and comfortable. Mattress was a bit lumpy. Loved having a refrigerator, but it was overly full of beverages (at additional cost)which left minimal room for our items.