Great ship. Great cruise. They have to change their tipping policy.

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Norwegian Getaway

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail Date: February 28, 2016

Ship: Norwegian Getaway

Review Summary

The ship, the ports, the food, the service were great. The best ship I have ever been on. The only major issue that I had was with tipping. They take out $13.50 per person from your credit card for every day on the cruise. Which was supposed to cover the wait staff and room steward. But since we were comped 4 specialty restaurants and used them they also charged you 18% of the check so you were paying twice for the same service. I also tipped at the other restaurants.

On one of their daily programs it stated that if you wanted to make a change to the amount of tips on your credit card go to guest services. Which I did. I was told they cannot do anything about it and that I would have to fill out a form and send it to corporate to make the credit. They didn't say that on the daily programs they gave out. Anyway since I tipped everyone on my own and was going to tip the room steward I requested that all the tip money they withheld on my credit card be credited back to me. As I was pretty upset the manager at guest services emailed the request to corporate for me. My daughter in the other cabin had the same issues. Waiting on a refund of the tip money they took out of my credit card.  But don't be afraid to book this ship. It was fantastic.

Ship Experiences

Felt it to be a little small. As we didn't spend that much time in the room it was ok for sleeping and showering.

Do the specialty restaurants. Any of them if you can. You will not regret it.

Ports Of Call

Miami, Florida

Ocho Rios, Jamaica

George Town, Grand Cayman

Shopping you have to be very careful especially with jewelery. These people will do anything and even lie to you to get you to buy. If you are going to buy any use a credit card because when you get home you may find out what they say a real diamonds and just crystals. And you can cancel the charge. Do not pay cash for this.

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas

When it was time for lunch we saw a couple of guys grilling hamburgers and franks. So this is what we ate. No one from the ship told us that there was a pavilion with all kinds of foods and fresh fruits and deserts. It was very disapointing that we didn't have the opportunity to eat there.