Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Never again!

Sail Date: December 20, 2015

I booked my cruise through the NCL representative Mauricio “MO” Pilarte 8 months before departure. The MAIN reason (I told MO as well) I booked so early is I am a light sleeper and I hoped to get a reasonably QUITE cabin.

I trusted MO. But regardless of my said preference, I ended up with a spa-balcony, which had the Haven living room right above our beds... There were many days during the early mornings and late nights that kids were running around or heavy/fast/loud foot steps could be heard back & forth every 2 minutes... The NCL reservationist should have been more honest or knowledgeable about the rooms when booking. If he were knowledgeable about the rooms, he would not have placed me under a Haven Suite (which has a living room for children to run around in).

On a side note, the Bahama Port got cancelled due to weather, but NCL did nothing to make up for it. I chose and paid for this cruise specifically for the ports. Maybe a slight refund or some sort of an accommodation (such as a free dinner or a free massage)? The passengers were trapped on the ship for the 1st two FULL sea days. Very bad 1st impression!

Cruise Photos

Noisey room above us!

Taste and Savor have much better food than the buffet. The lamb dish at dinner was excellent!