Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Outstanding Experience

Sail Date: December 20, 2015

This was my first cruise, and I had a blast. The onboard experience was top-notch - everyone who worked on the ship was friendly and helpful, I wanted for nothing. Having the beverage package was definitely a value, as I was with my family, and we love our happy hours!

The food was for the most part, quite good. My only qualm was with the high level of sodium in the restaurant food (Taste, Savor, Le Bistro, Tropicana Room...) - normally I may add salt to a dish, but on most occasions I found myself wanting to remove the salt from the prepared dish!  Buffet options were plentiful, and fresh - no grossly picked over messes - the staff kept everything at the right temperature, and made sure all areas were clean and appetizing. Speaking of clean- they also made it really easy to not spread your germs, with sanitizer at every entrance, and additional staff with spray bottles at  the ready.

Mandara Spa is worth the extra $$ if for the hot stone massage alone. Do it.

The best excursion I went on was the Cool Runnings 2 Reggae Boat Party Catamaran to Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica. The crew on the boat were very fun and cool, and the post-Falls rum punches were plentiful!

There was so much to experience, I will have to go again. I really enjoyed the Getaway, the Norwegian freestyle cruising philosophy, and the level of service and attention to detail in all aspects of my trip.

Very nice accomodations. My cabin steward, Vincent, was excellent also. I appreciated all the extra little touches I'd see when coming back after my day/night.
Miami, Florida
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Didn't stop here as there was a storm.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
The locals really wanna hustle you to buy anything that isn't nailed down in Ocho Rios - be strong and say no if you must!
George Town, Grand Cayman
do the private beach tiki party - beaches are gorgeous!
best duty free shopping of all the stops.

Reserve a chair early on the deck at Spice H2O if you want to get away from the kids. ;-)