Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Norwegian Getaway

Sail Date: February 14, 2016

spent a week on the Getaway and we had fun. This ship is very nice but always seemed crowded to me even though it is a big ship.  But what would you expect with 4000 plus people sharing the space.  All of the ports were nice and was really impressed with Costa Maya.  Just a small town surrounded by jungle literally as far as you could see.

The shows were good and the comedians very good. Recommend spending the money for the Illusionarium show.

The only negative I have about this trip was the food. In my opinion the buffet should not be the best meals of the day. I really look forward to the evening "sit down" meal and ordering from the menu.  The choices seemed a little weak and the food was bland. After the first night I thought maybe it was just an off night for the kitchen but it was every night.  We paid extra for the dinner show I mentioned above and that meal was ok. And the Japanese restaurant was also ok.  But the main dining rooms offered meals that I could have done better in my own kitchen.  I expected more from NCL and was disappointed with the food.

one other small issue. My son turns 13 in a few weeks and when he went to check out the kids activities they would not under any circumstances let him participate in the teen stuff, for the 13-16 age group. Even talked to the person in charge for that one but no way.  He didn't participate in any of that stuff since he couldn't get his brain around being in a group of 10-12 year olds when he is so close the teenhood.

a similar situation happened on another cruise line and they had no problem bumping him up.

overall we had fun and enjoyed the entire week

Nice cabin even for family of 4. Bunk bed drops out of the ceiling which was cool and kept the room open.