Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Nice Cruise and Ship, But...

Sail Date: January 17, 2016

We enjoyed the cruise and the ship very much. I was surprised by the number of activities that required additional costs. Maybe this is typical, as I hadn't been on a cruise for over 10 years. Would I cruise again given our experience? I think so. It was very relaxing, the food was very good, and we met many fine people with whom we had many laughs.

Miami, Florida
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
The poverty in Jamaica made our excursion uncomfortable. The island itself is beautiful.
George Town, Grand Cayman
The shopping area was shady, especially if you wander past the little mall. Book an excursion or stay on the boat.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Our cruise had to skip Great Stirrup Cay due to weather. Too bad, I was really looking forward to it.

Savor or Taste were great for breakfast. Avoid the Garden Cafe unless you like hunting for food or have kids. Tropicana for complimentary dinner was excellent with entertainment. For specialty dining, Cagny's was excellent. We had the filet on both of our visits. It was OUTSTANDING! Avoid La Cucina.