Did not enjoy the larger ship!

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 24, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Getaway

Not enough things to do on the ship.  Bingo was not offered enough.  Seating in Comedy Club are hard wooden chairs.  Seating by the piano player and game shows consisted of folding chairs in the guest services area.  I go on a cruise to be pampered.  This ship did not do any of that for me.  It definitely was missing the WOW factor.  Missed the glass elevators, the beautiful atrium area, and the comfy plush seats.  Who ever heard of having entertainment in the guest services area.  You need a reservation for all major entertainment.  I like to have my dinner and then just go to the theater and see a show each night.  It was too much of a hassle to book everything and pre plan each night of your ship.  I will definitely stick with the smaller ships that offer so much more.  Never saw the cruise director until the final night.  I don't want to stand in lines and wait on my vacation.  I missed the bar service walking around the ship.  Never again.

Not enough to do on the ship. Was bored, especially in the evening.

Did not like that you need a reservation for the entertainment. We boarded mid cruise and missed a lot of the entertainment because we couldn't get a reservation.

I go on a cruise to be pampered. You have to sit on folding chairs in the atrium area or hard wooden chairs while watching the comedy show. Why is the piano player next to guest services, etc. You are trying to listen to music or a movie and you hear people talking. A dumb design. Would never go on a large ship again. It's just a lot of waiting on lines at the bars, dining, etc. The ship was missing the WOW factor for us. Very disappointed.

The cabin design is new and I did not like having the closet next to the bed. It was a nuisance to get into the closet because it was on the side of the bed. The balcony felt smaller too. Was not impressed with the room.

Have cruised many times on NCL but their smaller ships. I feel the service is much better on the smaller ships. It was very hard to find a bar staff walking around to get a drink by pool area. You had to wait on a long line just to get a drink by the pool. Pool area is small for so many people.