Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Good experience but could have been great

Sail Date: December 06, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

+The ship was a great size and had plenty for my wife and two young girls (7 and 8) to do.

+My kids loved the splash academy

+There was great entertainment that I felt comfortable taking my kids to.

-It's likely just part of having a kids program but I heard reports from my kids, and other families, that the children's workers yelled a lot at the kids.

-The free fall slide are a cool idea but it sounds crazy to me that you would ever have a ride which would require someone to remove their wedding ring to participate.

-I went the first week of December and there as basically no reference to Christmas anywhere on the ship. I was really hoping they would make the experience a little more magical with Christmas decorations/themed activities.

Overall the experience was a positive but it was not good enough to have me come back. Once on the Getaway is enough for me.