Review of the Cruise

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 27, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Getaway

Everything was ok. Really no complaints. However, if I had to compare Norwegian with Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, I would rate Norwegian as the 3rd in line for various reasons. It was very difficult, if not impossible, to get reservations in the speciality restaurants, it took a long time to get off the ship when going to Norwegian's private island in the Bahamas as there were 3 tenders to disembark an entire ship so the waiting was long and uncalled for. The staff was ok but did not really go out of their way to be welcoming. To disembark the ship in Miami, we were supposed to disembark by about 10:00 AM and then at about 9:30 the Captain states that anyone who has not left should proceed to leave. It took well over an hour to finally get off the ship and nobody had the courtesy to inform us of the delay; very irresponsible. I am from Montreal Canada and my reservation was made in English and all my documents I received from Norwegian prior to getting on the ship were in English but then for some reason Norwegian assumed that because we came from the province of Quebec they deemed us as French speaking and gave us welcoming information in French. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that Canada has two official languages and that out of courtesy, they should have sent a bilingual welcoming letter to play it safe. Customer Service was close to where the band always played and if you happened to be at customer service when a band was playing, it was very difficult to hear what customer service was saying. When checking in at the port of Miami it took an exceptionally long time to check in' perhaps close to an hour and a half. I have been on other cruises and this by far was the longest I ever at to wait.