Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

This NCL Getaway was not worth money we paid

Sail Date: December 27, 2015

I did not get the $50 onboard credit for getting a balcony promised from BJ's. We only received the $100 OBC.  However, my daughter Ana Estevill-Perez did receive the $150 OBC. The cruise was very expensive, the food in the Buffet was poor and there was not enough entertainment.  Also, there were no drawers in our cabin only shelves, I had to keep my underwear and my husband's underwear and soxs in plastic bags.  At Cozumel we got off at 11 a.m and had to be back oboard by 6:30 p.m. and ship did not leave until 10:00 p.m.  We could have had more time at Cozumel, etc.  We did not like this cruise at all and frankly I don't think we will do any cruising with NCL in the future and the same goes for all 18 of us that took this cruise.

The cabin was clean, bed was comfortable, AC good, clean towels everyday. However it was uncomfortable not having drawers. We had to put things in plastic bags. All the cruises I have taken have plenty of drawers.
I was disappointed that NCL could not wait 30 minutes for a family member to get onboard. Three family members had to fly to Jamaica and get the cruise from Jamaica
excursion at Ocho Rios was not that great
we did not do any activities
My grandchildren enjoyed
NCL Getaway had only two shows. Other cruise ships have a show every day. Theater was small.
Elam, our room attendant was excellent. Cabin 10304 was always super clean
food was not good at the buffet and at Cagneys, Taste or Savor
Miami, Florida
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
First time here. I did not like the island.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
I have been here twice, but did not like the tour we took "Ocho Rios Highlights." However, tour guide was excellent.
George Town, Grand Cayman
We have been to Cozumel 10 times so we decided to go to Playa del Carmen, but we did not have enough time there because we had to get back to ship by 6:30 p.m.

I suggest that you add drawers to cabin furniture. At the Buffet they should add cream cheese and they should get rid of having bread/pastries in an enclosed clear shelves. The line was big and had to wait a long time to be able to get a piece of bread. Needs more entertainment.