The Good and the Not So Good

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 19, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Getaway

Ship is newer and beautiful but not necessarily best lay out. This was my 6th cruise, first on NCL. It's definitely a ship for a certain age group, namely the 30's w/ small children. The sports deck/slides, etc is all about kids. Not much there for adults passed age of 40's. There are only 2 pools which is ridiculous for a ship w/ 3000+ passengers! Not enough deck chairs either. There is only one large congregation area in the Atrium which is were many people gather in the evening. The noise level there can be deafening with so many in such a small area. The casino, though good size, is crowded and I've never experienced so much smoke on a cruise before. Definitely could ventilate better. Food is good & lots of choices but felt like we were nickel and dimed to death paying for everything "extra" to do. Balconies are TINY; couldn't sit there comfortably and railing is at eye level when seated so couldn't relax there and enjoy view. Overall, we had a good time but definitely does not compare to RC; only one step up from Carnival. Would I go again? Yes, for money it's a good deal but if I go again with people my age, it will definitely not be NCL.

Very disappoited in Moderno (Brazilian Steakhouse). Cagney's was awesome. Rest of food good. Didn't like that before 5pm you're dining options are very limited.

Lot's to do for certain age groups. We did join in many of the games: Family Feud, Newlywed Game, Deal or No Deal, and they were fun but after 3rd night got kinda old.

Have to book pretty much everything which I guess goes along w/ larger ships like the Oasis of the Seas, etc. Many things cost extra $$ which is my biggest beef.

Except for pools. Only 2 and they are TINY. Who on earth came up with that is crazy. The Spice H2O area at back of boat for adults only is a great place to hang out during day and PM dance parties.

Overall ok. Shower is decent sized. Cabin is average size and well designed w/ lots of storage areas. But the balconies are miniscule. Can't really even hang out on them. I'm used to being able to be on balcony w/ 3 others and still have room. More like a slightly extended Juliet balcony.

Good value for money but be mindful of age group you are traveling with and atmosphere you will encounter. If you are a younger family w/ small kids, then you will love it. Parties/drinking for adults; plenty of activities for kids. Anyone else may be slightly diappointed.

Didn't do any excursions.
Went to Virgin Gorda & Baths. GORGEOUS!! Most beautiful beach EVER.
Forget Atlantis resort. Overpriced, run down. Beach was dirty w/ trash everywhere. Waste of $ and time.