Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

The best cruise ever!

Sail Date: August 23, 2014

Although  I have taken over 15 cruises in the past 12 years and visited  ports in this part of the world and Europe,  I can honestly say that this cruise exceeded all expectations. For starters I was impressed by the cleanliness and orderly embarkation process once myself and my companion came on board. The cabin was a pleasant surprise and our first meal, lunch  at the Garden Cafe about an hour after embarkation,  was our first encounter with what continued to be excellent food for the next 7 days.

All of the restaurants serve very good fare, but the specialty ones out-do all others. We ate at La Cucina were the Italian food could not be faulted, nor could it be faulted at Moderno, a Brazilian/Argentinian food venue. The Japanese restaurant was a bit of a disappointment, but still a  cut above what I had been served on other cruise lines. As to entertainment, it was professional and adequate, although neither my companion nor I are into "the night life," so I am no authority on that subject. But from the look on the faces of other passengers, the fun was sure there. The excursions we took were well run and enjoyable.

In view of all of the above I can say that although this was my first NCL cruise, it hopefully will not be the last.

Miami, Florida Did not do anything. Stayed at the Crown Plaza and took it easy...
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Spent time at a beach...sun and fun was super
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Visited St. of the best beaches in the world
Went Parasailing...must do this again!

It is a very large ship, expect to "get lost" a few times!!!

1 Comment