Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Getaway Break

Sail Date: August 23, 2014

Room Type: Suite

Overall the cruise was great. We had a major issue with our cabin steward as she was lazy. We asked for water and ice in the cabin and we were told by her that she will get to it as it is too far for her to walk to get it!!!

Freestyle cruising was new to us. We liked all of the dining options both included and premium. The Tropicana Dining Room was their largest over all the service was good. We did see "Burn The Floor" in that room and it was a nice show. Savor and Taste serve the same food as Tropicana just more intimate. Freestyle to me means come when you wish and stay as long as you want.....not dress like a slob for dinner and be loud and boisterous. That was a disappointment. Gentlemen should wear pants to dinner not bathing suits or ratty shorts and flip flops, while their dinner dates (wives, girlfriends, etc) dress appropriately. Perhaps I am a bit more traditional in my thinking.

Cagneys, La Cuchina and Le Bistro were good. Cagneys has no clue how to prepare a steak "Pittsburg". La Cuchina should learn from my wife how to make chicken parm. Le Bistro had the best of the premium foods.

Planning activities aboard ship is a bit of chore. The interactive TV for booking shows doesnt always register. Having to book and preplan contradicts the freestyle concept of cruising.

The alfresco areas should have ceiling fans for air circulation about the area. In the afternoons and early evenings in the summer time the air can get stagnant.

I never felt crowded on the ship and getting on an off was a breeze. Over all the service from the crew was great. The management addressed my concerns regarding the cabin steward and attempted to rectify as quickly as possible and made the cruise enjoyable.

I would recommend this ship and NCL and for a summer cruise I would consider it again

Cabin for a mini suite was small. It was clean and I liked the shower. Balcony was a waste not much room

Don't go to "lobster" night at the buffet your better off passing they were horrible!!!!!

1 Comment