Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

Great cruise, great food, great ports....not so great as to pools and room size

Sail Date: July 19, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Room Type: Suite

Pro's:  activities, kids club was FANTASTIC, ports were the best I've ever had on a cruise.  The staff is friendly, helpful, respect your privacy, and there's so much to do that there's never enough time for it all.

loved the ice bar, the games at night in the atrium, the cruise director was hilarious.  The people we sailed with were so friendly and there were tons of kids. The bed was very comfortable.  We booked a mini suite and I have to say I was shocked at how small it was. It was the size of a regular balcony room on Royal Carribbean, except it had a real shower and bathroom. Closet was cramped and hard to maneuver, shower jets don't work together and the nobs kept falling off.  Other than that the room was clean and comfortable. They need to expand the tv stations and not make everything 10.00 to watch.  Food in dining room better than cabinets but Italian restaurant was great.  Only other complaint was that everything from gelato to drinks in the casino costs you money. I never spent so much on a cruise before for wifi or bill was 2x the cost of the cruise! Drop the a la carte! Otherwise we had a great time, fun casino...shows were ok. Boat needs more than one adult pool where you can't swim with your kids and one tiny kids pool too small to swim with the kids. Great slides, mini golf, games, bowling, ropes, two Ping pong tables ( not enough).  Great spa but stop forcing me to buy something every time I get a service in order to get out of there. Very pushy with the "products".   8 out of 10-  Mom and her son (age 11).

Small, good size bathroom, tiny balcony
Miami, Florida
Live here. Take a cab to the port
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Shopping was ok
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Loved Magen's bay and blackbeards castle tour
Atlantis was a blast !

Find the bowling in o'sheehans and go to anything with JC Sanchez hosting-hrs a riot!!

1 Comment