Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Bitter Sweet

Sail Date: May 17, 2014

Overall nice experience because the ship has a lot of fun activities and its nicely decorated.  The ship was brand new as I expected, however the service was not as good as I expected it to be for a brand new ship.  What made the vacation nice was the ship itself, not so much the people working on it as well as the people at the port.  We received terrible service trying to board the ship at the Miami port, which we ended up having to fly into the port to meet up with the ship. It's a Long story but in short, they didn't accept the birth certificate and social security card that I brought for my 20 month old baby, so I took it upon myself to not lose ALL my money and try to make it for part of our trip. the NCL staff made us wait 2 hours without saying ANYTHING to us, up until the ship was LEAVING and then the supervisor basically told me sorry maam you can't go, um here's your luggage, NCL will not refund your money.  I feel like we were REALLY mistreated by the staff at the port and the guest services staff on the phone is was even worse --the rep refused to put a supervisor on the phone.  Next time I will choose Royal Caribbean simply for the better service.  I don't want to be stressed out or mistreated when I'm on vacation. I prefer to pay an extra $50 bucks to be catered to and stress free.

Miami, Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Orient Beach was GORGEOUS!
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Went to Coki Beach which was too crowded.
It was nice, but taxis were overpriced.

The Thermal Spa Suite was VERY nice, but beware of the people if you get a service. They are sales sharks.