Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Norwegian got it right!

Sail Date: March 15, 2014

Room Type: Suite

The beautiful new Getaway is a great ship! There were 4400 passengers, including 1200 kids (I forgot about spring break when I booked). But, the only time it felt crowded was at the life boat drill. The main restaurants were not crowded and the food was great. The mini suite was very nice and we spent a lot of time on the balcony. Dinner at Le Bistro was great! We really enjoyed all the entertainment especially Legally Blonde, Burn the Floor and The Illusionarium. Getting on and off the boat at the ports was a breeze. My only complaint would be that the slot machines were not very forgiving!

I am a big fan of Norwegian and this was my best cruise ever! Sure, you can pay a lot more for 5 star cruises and restaurants. But, I feel that Norwegian is the best value for the money!

Children's Programs Did not use
Miami, Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Go on the Golden Eagle
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Captain Nautical was the best snorkeling excursion!
Take the #10 Jitney and get off at Cable Beach just before you get to the resorts. Very nice beach and no crowds. Jitney only costs $1.25 each way. Go to the Daquiri Shack for a great drink.

My tip on every cruise is to stay away from the buffet whenever you can. They are always crowded and the food is marginal. Go to the main dining rooms for breakfast and lunch, not near as crowded and much better food. The Ice Bar was OK, but probably not worth the cost. We had a very pleasant evening sitting outside the mojito bar. Have fun! I highly recommend the Getaway!