Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Very clean environment.

Sail Date: March 08, 2014

The environment throughout the ship was clean. The room steward was excellent. The buffet was crowded and some items such as fruit were difficult to obtain from the set up of the serving area. I wish I had reviewed the website more before the cruise to see what was offered.  Room service with my coffee in the morning was excellent, once I rrealized this was available.

The steak offered in the restuarant, Savory was extremely tough for myself and others in my group that ordered that entree
I may upgrade to having a balcony next time.
Room steward was excellent. On 2 occaisions, I encountered extremely rude/demeaning staff. One was in the gift shop who after my friend said that we would "think about the purchase" called over her husband to try to convince him of the sale. Another was at the service center and I inquired about tranportaion and with such a short stay in Nassau, where to go. He replied, " I can't tell you where to go, because I don't know what you want to do." I understand his point, but his tone was not very welcoming. Others were great.
Again, I wish I had reviewed the website to determine what excursions would have been good for us.
Miami, Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The beach had broken glass all over the private beach. good shopping. Terrible restaurant on the island, Fat Tuesdays.

Again, I wish I had visited more on the NCL website before travelling. I would liked to have added the APP for my cell and others in our group. I asked a representative over the phone prior to my travel how would the group be able to communicate, and she said to just to call and/or leave messages on the room phones. This would be good if you are in your room, but we were often on deck or dining. Perhaps a buzzer like system such as restaurants use when your table is ready could alert you that you have a message. One also must go to their room to check messages.