Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

Trouble Sleeping

Sail Date: September 10, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

The entertainment, especially the band was outstanding.

The beds were AWFUL.  Very hard.

Cabin 9644 has AWFUL noisy plumbing problem (at night)that was NEVER fixed.

The immigration delays were awful.  When we got to Canada, we had to wait for a very long time to go on our excursion because my husband was one of the people chosen at random to inspect.

If you watch one of the movies...there is POPCORN no one offers or tells you about.  Look to the right and they'll put it on the counter by the bar ;)

DON'T do the Peggy's Cove thing.  It was a colossal waste of time.

DO rent a car and go explore on your own

In Newport, RI, don't do the overpriced sightseeing tour.  Go to Visitors's Center and get a cheaper version.  Great town.

Overall we had a great time despite the above glitches.

NOISY plumbing noise, especially at night. I reported on the first night and NEVER got fixed despite about 10 people coming to "look at it." We finally got another stateroom because an unfortunate couple had to leave the ship in Maine. Also, the mattress was SO hard an uncomfortable I was in pain in the mornings.
Staff in NY port was exceptionally helpful. I accidentally left my passport in my luggage and checked it in BEFORE I boarded. EVERYONE went out of their way to make sure I got on board. I applaud the port staff in NYC.
Too much markup

Only one restaurant is 24 hours. Keep track so you have somewhere to eat.
Love the "washy-washy" girls keeping everyone germ-free with a SMILE. It means a lot to me because I am an RN