Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Skip the Spa!!!!

Sail Date: August 13, 2016

The cruise was overall good.  The entertainment was very good...Nadeen Manuel, the SWING dancers, the dance contest, the club music were all AWESOME.

Downside, very few announcements in reference to returning to the ship when visiting Stirrup Cay and Nassau.  We had to keep asking other cruisers when we had to return to the ship.

Restaurant menu could use more variety; some dishes were offered the entire week.  The food was mediocre.  Some choices were good; the fish dishes overall were overcooked and the steaks not tender.

Last but not least, THE SPA is  a total sham.  You go in for scheduled pedicure and they did a terrible job.  Had to change my nail polish as soon as I got home.  These so-called professionals could not do a French pedicure....unbelievable.  The 18% surcharge is an insult.  I would like to tip based on service quality....so be it. The manicurists are nice and they are trained to talk a good game, however, their services are way below acceptable for the PRICE!

My biggest gripe was the SPA employees/massage/manicure/pedicure staff. They literally bully you into buying a ton of products that you do not really need and when they total up the bill, you end up paying over $300 for a massage!  They just don't take no for an answer and they have a slew of products that they swear you absolutely NEED.  I have had massages on cruises before and always loved them.  On this ship, I felt very uncomfortable. Seemed like a sales pitch for products from the minute you walked in.  Receptionist was not the friendliest.

Great cabin. Comfortable king sized bed.
Disembarkation was much easier!!!!
LOVED Stirrup Cay and Nassau/Atlantis. However, there should be more time for these islands....half a day is not nearly enough...
Great play, comedy shows, dance contests, clubs, and Nadeen Manuel was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Great performances and shows!
Tipped very generously to my cabin staff, not once were my sheets changed the entire cruise. Not good at all!!!!
Not enough variety...fish overcooked, meat not tender (in restaurants). Buffett food EXCELLENT.
New York, New York
Port Canaveral, Florida
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
SUNSCREEN!!!! Water was amazing, so was the food and the facilities while there!
Same as above!!!!

Make sure you don't get bullied into buying products you don't need in the Spa!!!! They are grossly overpriced.
Spinnaker Lounge could have better seating to allow for more people...