Maintenance forced itinerary change that cancelled day at private island

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 14, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Gem
Cabin Type: Suite

We received notice of itinerary change upon boarding that said we'd be in Nassau for an additional day instead of the expected day at their private island.  We were provided with $50 credit.  Seeing as I go on a cruise in order to go to places I've never been, I was disappointed with the minor credit.  I look at it as though if they just didn't leave NYC harbor and gave use $50 credit X 7 days, I've been ripped off.  We did enjoy the cruise and the food at the specialty restaurants was very good.  Could use a few more bartenders at the busier areas/times but overall a good job by the employees as they were accommodating.

Enjoy the towel animals.

Timely notification of itinerary change - my brother received email notification and I never did. The representative was not aware of the issue and I was kept on hold over :40 minutes by Norwegian to only be told of a $50 credit. Will likely go back to Royal Carribean for any future travel.

It never happened, due to "maintenance" requiring two days in Nassau.