You won't catch me on Norwegian again!

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

7 Night Bahamas & Florida (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 15, 2015

Went on the Norwegian Gem for a week. Cruising is not for me. The ship has it's issue and I got "the room" where something went wrong every night for the first three nights. The remote to the tv was missing. The phone didnt work. The safe failed to work. The toilet didnt flush properly. And the diarrhea! The food absolutely sucked. All the desserts looked good but lacked any flavor. I ate so little, I lost 5 lbs! I had diarrhea the first two nights and constipated on the third and fourth. They had the worst toilet paper. Best move I ever made was bringing 6 rolls of 2 ply Cottonelle from home. I nearly disembarked in Port Canaveral. My bags were packed and ready to go. The only reason i left my cabin was the entertainment staff onboard. Dana, Kevin and Shreta were the only reasons why i came out of the room. They deserve a lot of credit for keeping me entertained. With limited roaming data and cell, 4 channels of tv and being deprived of my Mets I was bored most of the time. Our cabin steward Jorge was the most polite and hardest working guy. Honestly, getting to know the staff and crew, you realize they work long hours, 7 days a week. They work harder than I ever have and live in cramp quarters. So, I appreciate the people & the work they do but the ship, food and amenities were lacking.

Cheesecake is supposed to have a taste of cream cheese. Instead it had the taste of styrofoam.

They could do better than Second City improv and putting karaoke between two sets of bowling lanes. Try singing when pins are getting knocked down!

The staff was great! Very respctful. Dana, Kevin & Shreta kept me entertained on an otherwise bad journey. Our cabin steward Jorge was awesome too!

Bring your own toilet paper!
If you don't like sand, don't get off the boat.
Dont venture too far from the port.