Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A Ship in my backyard

Sail Date: July 11, 2015

It is probably not an unbiased review because I can see the Gem from my apartment house.  We take the ferry over to the city and then walk a few blocks to the ship.  So very convenient.

The cruise director was very good.  He was very funny and informative.  The ship's appointments were standard and very clean.  It was hard to navigate at times because it could be confusing.  Some stair well did not go through and you had to remember to navigate around that.

Pools were very crowded.  None of the hot tubs were designated for adults only.

The food was good but not outstanding.

The cabin was clean and well maintained by the cabin steward.

I didn't gain any weight so that tells you something. The food was good but never tempting enough to overeat. I love desserts but they didn't always seem worth the calories.