Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Good Cruise, Could have been Better.

Sail Date: June 13, 2015

Room Type: Suite

Although I rated this cruise "good", there were some downsides to it. The number one complaint I have is not being able to get a lounge chair by the pool whenever you wanted to. People "reserved" the chairs by putting their towels on them, never to return! We talked to someone about it once, but it did not do us any good. This is my third cruise and I have never run into this problem before.

Also, the food was quite salty. I was traveling with my family, a group of 8 of us and my Father's legs and ankles swelled up from so much salt in the food.

We had to travel to NY to get to this cruise, and I am very disappointed that Norwegian (or any other cruise line) other than the Dawn, does not send different ships to the Boston location. We already sailed on the Dawn, and are waiting for another ship to come to Boston!!

Overall, this cruise was ok. But in my opinion, the Dawn was better.

Salty Food and a Bit dry in the Buffet.
Our room steward was great!! Most Bartenders, not as friendly.
Only saw one show, and already saw it before (a magic show)
My son loved the water park, but was quite expensive.
New York, New York
Port Canaveral, Florida
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Went to the Beach, the weather was HOT, the water was Terrific!!
Shopped, did not like being hounded by the locals.