Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Bermuda

relaxing cruise

Sail Date: September 18, 2011

Overall the Gem is a good value for your money. The service is convival, food is good, ship is clean and there is always something to do!

Pros: convivial service

Cons: spa prices

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!

The food in the specialty restaurants is pretty good. The service can be confused but the servers are friendly and go out of their way to make sure your experience is enjoyable. The mexican restaurant was the best of all the ones we went to. Teppanyaki was medicore and I wouldn't recommend it. The italian was by far the worst and I wouldn't waste the extra money spent to eat there. The main dining rooms are good but can be a bit slow. The menus in the main dining room are a bit odd but the quality of the food is good.
Good variety of shows. There wasn't a bad night of entertainment. The spa is highly over priced for the services you receive. I would skip the services if I were to go again. It wasn't worth the money
The entire staff of the Gem is nice, work hard and go out of their way to make you happy.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
There isn't much to do in Bermuda. The beaches are beautiful but everything takes so long to get to from where the ship is docked. The rising son catamarn snorkle was okay. The snorkle site they take you to was less than fabulous but the staff on the boat was really nice. Horseshoe bay beach was great and I would definately recommend. The frong and onion restaurant is awesome and if you are looking to dine off the ship I would recommend this for a lunch spot!