Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

"My first cruise and I learned a lot!"

Sail Date: April 02, 2011

This was the first cruise that I had ever been on. My husband and I took our three kids and my daughters husband (they are all 20-34, not really "kids"). We had 3 staterooms and the layout was nice. I have to say that the crowdedness of the ship was to be expected, but I didn't think it would be that overwhelming. Most of the customers were really rude. I enjoyed the freestyle cruising except for that fact.
I think next time I would choose a larger stateroom, smaller group (ship) and not freestyle cruising. Maybe then I wouldn't feel like a herded cow every time it was meal time. And we even tried 4 of the other restaurants. They were just okay-good...nothing incredible.
I still had a good time and my kids really enjoyed themselves. Just being together as a family was the best.

Pros: The ship was beautiful and the staff was wonderful.

Cons: The ports...I was very disappointed with Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach and Great Stirrup Cay.

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Too crowded, not enough chairs on the beach and the food was just okay.
The dolphin excursion and the Blue Lagoon Beach were a blast. The beach was great, plenty of room, and we did the dolphin swim and jet ski tour.
Don't Miss: Dolphins and the jet skis were amazing!
Port Canaveral, Florida

Don't Miss: Walmart??? What a joke!