Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Definitely worth it!!

Sail Date: July 27, 2008

I would recommend this ship to anyone looking for a cruise.
We plan on cruising again and I will never use anyone other than Norwegian again!!

Pros: Literally, EVERYTHING

Cons: didn't always keep the kids out of the 'adults only' pool -- that's my only complaint!

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!

Everything about this ship is top notch.
Amazing food!
The room was HUGE!
The staff of this ship were OUTSTANDING! They even gave us a private anniversary part in our room (champange, chocolate covered strawberries, cake, balloons, and other decorations) for FREE!!
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
I was disappointed with this port...the tour guide we got was awful...maybe that's why I didn't enjoy it.
Don't Miss: The views are amazing!
Naples, Italy
Sorrento and Pompeii were AMAZING! Others on the boat said they were disappointed with the actual city of Naples, so I was glad we chose a different excursion.
Don't Miss: Pompeii
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Pisa and Lucca were great. Our local tour guide in Pisa however was terrible, but the tour guide for Lucca made up for it.
Don't Miss: The leaning tower of Pisa
Valletta, Malta
Definitely worth getting off the boat.
Don't Miss: Mdina