Definitely worth it!!

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

7 Night Western Mediterranean (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 27, 2008
Ship: Norwegian Gem
I would recommend this ship to anyone looking for a cruise.
We plan on cruising again and I will never use anyone other than Norwegian again!!

Amazing food!

The staff of this ship were OUTSTANDING! They even gave us a private anniversary part in our room (champange, chocolate covered strawberries, cake, balloons, and other decorations) for FREE!!

Everything about this ship is top notch.

The room was HUGE!
Pisa and Lucca were great. Our local tour guide in Pisa however was terrible, but the tour guide for Lucca made up for it.
Don't Miss: The leaning tower of Pisa
Sorrento and Pompeii were AMAZING! Others on the boat said they were disappointed with the actual city of Naples, so I was glad we chose a different excursion.
Don't Miss: Pompeii
MUST get off the ship!
Don't Miss: Everything!
I was disappointed with this port...the tour guide we got was awful...maybe that's why I didn't enjoy it.
Don't Miss: The views are amazing!
Definitely worth getting off the boat.
Don't Miss: Mdina

Pros: Literally, EVERYTHING

Cons: didn't always keep the kids out of the 'adults only' pool -- that's my only complaint!

Recommends Norwegian Gem? Yes!