A nice Time

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Escape

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 18, 2020

Ship: Norwegian Escape

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 10746

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

We wanted all 5 of us to go, but could only get a room for four. The ship is quite large, and there was lots to do. We found the additional amenities to be quite expensive, especially the photos. The food was good and, of course, plentiful. Naturally, it was difficult to find seats by the pool, and the late night dancing was definitely for younger, more fit cruisers. I think I like a more traditional cruise with dining times, free shows nightly, and more formal attire on a couple of evenings. All in all it was an enjoyable experience.

Embarkation

it moved along fairly quickly

Ship experiences

Everything was wonderful. We felt special at all the mains and specialties we visited. Big thanks go to Emilia Baldovino, Aliea Puey, and Alma Clarito, also, Rowen Condicion, Zara Santueces, and Joyce Tan. Oh, and Geraldo Castillo too!!!!!

We enjoyed the 'always crowded' pools and jacuzzis. The 'Grotto' was good fun too.

We loved Choir of Man, but some shows you had to pay extra for. Another show was OK, but 2/3 of the audience left early.

My kid did not attend

I must admit the crew was the best part of the ship. Everyone desrves credit, but the 'Illonga beauties' were so very special, Making my wife's birthday a memorable one. I have already mentioned them in this review. Our attendant, Gilbert, was great.

everything was fine.

We made a mess daily, but Gilbert was there twice a day to make it livable!!!

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

we had a very ugly view from our balcony as they are building a new terminal there.

Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras

We enjoyed snorkeling and visiting an animal sanctuary.

Harvest Caye, Belize

Layed out by the sea. Very relaxing.

Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico

visited our friend, Jaime, in Mahaual

rough seas, did some snorkeling and shopping.

Disembarkation