Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Oversold and understaffed worst cruise I've ever been on

Sail Date: September 03, 2016

My first complaint is the fact that I had to fly out after a hurricane hit North Florida soon as I knew my flight was going to be delayed at 9 AM I contacted Norwegian to let them know because I had prepaid for airport pick up

airport pick up never communicated with me did not pick me up after 10 minutes ovof trying to get them on the phone I hailed a   cab paid $37 to get to the cruise ship on time as it was I was the last person to board at exactly 6:21 PM.

I had booked a balcony cabin to share with a friend of mine who had already arrived before I did she had put her things away and I was to meet her for dinner I found my cabin steward as soon as I reached my cabin to let him know who I was and that I had just arrived on board.

as I was freshening up before dinner I heard a loud banging outside my cabin I opened the door to see what it was only to be greeted by a maintenance man vacuuming out the air-conditioner in which I am mediately began to cough .

at that point I realized the AC was not working accurately in my cabin or in the hallway and I went to guest services to complain as my throat was already beginning to have that all-too-familiar scratch when I am faced with pollutants and allergens I was told that they had a capacity of 5000 people on this trip and there were no extra rooms for me to switch with.

I reminded my cabin steward as well as guest services three times that I missed the safety boat drill and I have no idea where my life boat is located

i also complained to guest services three different times that they needed to refund me for my transfer since I was not picked up at airport and every time it took them 10 to 15 minutes to verify that I had pre-paid before hand

I also suffered full-blown sinus infection in  which I had to seek medical treatment as soon as I returned home this ship was so crowded there is no room in The very small pool I mostly stayed in the H2O area in which I witnessed many children present openly sitting out in the sun with their parents as well as in the waterfall area also known as the grotto.

I did not see many staff members in areas around the pool H2O or other outside deck venues there is no night club lounge area inside for adults only

Not many adult only areas and this by far was the worst trip I've ever taken on Norwegian not only do I believe I have suffered an illness due to their lackof healthy maintenance on the Air conditioning  systembut the failure to give me a lifeboat drill or that of the other two passengers who boarded when we reached our first port of Saint Thomas even after I brought it to the attention of guest services as well as my cabin steward Is very alarming

I  did make mention of this to the hotel staff captain as I was exiting the ship and that was after I had complained repeatedly to guest services

Small compared to balcony cabins on Spirit and Jade