Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Pretty good cruise

Sail Date: February 13, 2016

Room Type: Suite

I went with my two kids aged 12 and 15 and we had a pretty good time. Contrary to many of the reviews here, I thought the food (other than the buffet) was good. My kids and I really enjoyed both the steak house (cagneys) and the Brazilian Restaurant Modernero (I know it got poor reviews from others but it's puzzling to me). The Italian, the Habatchi and Food Republic places were ok but nothing to write home about in my opinion.  We sat outside on the boardwalk at the Italian restaurant and the steak house and that was really nice and unique. I did make most of my reservations months in advance, but on board, after we had the Habatchi place and wasn't impressed with the taste of the food, we switched from a second night there to the Brazilian place without a problem and very glad we did.

There is an issue with finding a lounge chair during sea days. If you dont get them early they are difficult to find as there just is not enough space on the deck, although they have plenty of chairs stacked up. Seems the pay area for lounging was empty so I wonder why NCL doesn't just open that up to everyone as otherwise everyone else are like sardines. The slides were fun and so was the rope walk, which includes some zip lines. I had a massage which was pretty good but to my surprise it did not include access to the spa area. We enjoyed the ports of call - went on our own on St. Thomas to Coco beach and rented jet skis which was a blast, although the beach itself was a little too packed with people. The Blue Lagoon dolphin swim on Nassau was a blast for the kids and the beach is nice there even though we did not have a lot of time. The prettiest port and excursion was Virgin Gorda the baths - the guides were not the best as they basically brought you to the path and you were then on your own. Got down to a beach ares with a lot of boulders and pools of water which was really nice but didnt realize that a 5 minute walk further was fantastic beach - which we found after but did not have a lot of time left to enjoy it.  As for nightlife - I saw the Million Dollar Quartet which I enjoyed and the casino was very nice and large. Not your typical cruise casino - there were real players on this boat and they had tables as high as $100 minimum which I have never seen on a cruise before.

Overall frankly the service was good (contrary to what others wrote) - I had no problem getting drinks and the steward cleaned our room every day and night without issue. There was always activities going on and we kept busy. Embarkation and Disembarkation at all ports were smooth/fast and without issue.

Cruise Photos

Typical Mini Suite
Miami, Florida
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Rent a Jet skiing $60 for two people on one, for half hour.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands