Blizzard Cancelled Flights BUT...

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 23, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Escape

Cruise itself, once on board was great.  My husband and I enjoyed it very much.  Food was good, alcoholic beverages over priced but no wait time.  Lots of good entertainment and activities while on board ship.  Norwegian Escape crew was excellent, helpful and ready to accommodate any requests.

Norwegian needs much better customer relation/ service staff via calls prior to boarding. Multiple phone calls to try to figure out snow emergency procedures r/t boarding at different port, if Insurance guy didn't tell me what I could do, I would have missed the cruise.  Buy Insurance NEVER had this issue before & always question do I need to insure this trip.  It made the difference but that being said the blizzard was not my fault & I lost 3 days on cruise (not compensated) Headaches from hours spent on phone calls to re-organize this trip.  Neither Norwegian nor BJ's travel, made no effort to alleviate any issues or call to see if there was anything that they could do.  I think a storm that disrupt plans warrants a few follow up calls to help the customer feel wanted and appreciated for using their site and companies.  Nice to know that my business and future business is wanted and I don't feel like "part of the Norwegian Family", as we kept hearing those words aboard the Norwegian Escape. I feel bad writing this review because the crew of the Norwegian Escape is top notch and does its homework but the before and after needs a lot of improvement when a crisis arises!  ...& Nothing is refundable bought though Norwegian, port transfers missed days so glad I didn't get a package or pre order excursion!

FYI I have bought excursions in past prior to trips and have never lost a dime the company has always made good whether their fault or my own which is why I return knowing my vacation will be a VACATION. Good Luck to all future travelers!  Knowledge is powerful