Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

BIG Ship, Good...yes, but no

Sail Date: March 15, 2015

The entertainment was really good, BlueMan, Second City, Circus Dream (spelling)...very enjoyable.   First cruise where reservations were "encouraged" for all shows, typically just for specialty restaurants, not a deal breaker though, just different; had to "plan" most every day.  Enjoyed the cruise, but I'm not wild about the Ship.  Felt like the Casino was the showcase, I don't gamble, don't smoke, so didn't like that.  I enjoy the large multi-level atrium like on the "Star", this one was underwhelming. There was no deck that you could walk all the way around the ship.  Huge disappointment for me, I love to walk the deck early in the morning and again in the evening. It all depends on what you like to do.  Also, there were many things in the "Haven" (upper decks) that were exclusive to passengers in certain cabin types (most expensive).  We had two "bad" dining experiences in the free dining room.  Two hours to get our order our first night on board and one of our last nights the server was quick to tell us, he was helping out because our server was a no show.  NEVER had bad service in a dining room before, then two of the 5 nights we ate in the free dining rooms were bad. Give me a smaller ship; just as many amenities and  great service to boot!

Nothing "stand-out" fantastic; weird shaped balcony rooms, seemed cramped.
Food was good! Everywhere we ate.
Cherylle, our cabin steward was fantastic!! Two bad dining room experiences in free dining rooms.
VERY good! BlueMan and Second City totally amusing!
Trivia is always fun...not wild about art auctions and bingo.
The bed was hard as a rock, we had to request an extra pad....it helped a little. I have a firm bed at home, but this was too hard.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Went to Dunn River Falls, saw 30,000 of my closest friends:-) But beautiful!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Turtle farm was very interesting. Love how the school children get to free turtles back to the ocean to honor veterans.
Did the jeep adventure. Nice to get away from the city and see the countryside.

Be prepared for the masses. This ship is huge and holds lots and lots of people...I was told 4,000! Most events, shows fill up pretty fast, so arrive early for best seating choices.