Vacation was great, food was OK

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 22, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Epic
Cabin Number: 12033

My kids and I really enjoyed the cruise and all of the venues, but I was expecting more out of the culinary experience.

The first problem was that my online restaurant reservations went nowhere. I had to re do them while on board. We purchased the ultimate dining package, so we had a chance to sample all of the different restaurants. At the french bistro and at Cagney's the dinner service was very slow. We were at those restaurants for a little over two hours. Other restaurants were better time wise.  The food in them was not up to par to similar restaurants in the city. I guess I had the wrong expectations.

The second issue was how much we had to spend on board. Not counting the ultimate dinning package I spent an additional $800 while doing little or no shopping. This was more than I expected to spend.

We loved the towel animals and the service was great.

People seem to reserve the chairs next to the pool early and for the entire day, even though they were no where to be seen most of the time. This was very inconsiderate of them. There should be a policy to warn this off.

Vendors were too aggressive and rude. I will not be going back to Jamaica.