Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Second Mate

My Very First Cruise

Sail Date: December 21, 2013

I went on my very first cruise aboard the Norwegian Epic with my family during Christmas 2013.  The only real "negatives" I had experienced on this cruise were the rough seas on the first couple of days (I had yet to acquire my "sea legs") and sharing a cabin with my nephew.  The cabin, 8102, was small for two men but Freddy, our Cabin Steward, did an amazing job.  I liked the towel monkey he made for us.

The food was awesome throughout the ship.  My advice is to do a full walk-through in the Garden Cafe before grabbing a plate so as not miss out on any of the options.  I also liked the wings and mozzarella sticks at O'Sheehan's Pub.

I was very impressed with the fitness center on board the ship, especially with the variety of equipment and the towel service.  I also went bowling in both bowling alleys on board.  Make sure the seas are relatively calm before attempting to bowl if you want a decent score.

The shows were incredible, especially the Blue Man Group.  Tickets for the Blue Man Group go for at least $65 each back home in Chicago. Christmas Day in St. Thomas was a surrealistic experience to say the least.  I really liked the Christmas displays in the Manhattan Room and the Garden Cafe.

I booked another cruise on the Getaway for this summer...and I can hardly wait!

Cruise Photos

Overall, it was a great experience.
The food was incredible, especially in the Garden Cafe.
Well appointed, but small for two adults.
Kudos to Freddy, our Cabin Steward!
All of the shows were great, but I most enjoyed the Blue Man Group.
So much to see and do on board. There was not enough time to explore all of the activities.
Parasailing in Nassau was the high point of the trip. I really liked the view from Paradise Point in St. Thomas.
Miami, Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Take the Cable Car ride to Paradise Point.
Parasailing is an incredible experience!

The ship itinerary was excellent. My first piece of advice is to bring a carry-on bag with a swimsuit, toiletries, and dinner apparel as the main suitcases will be delivered later in the evening. My next piece of advice is to walk through the Garden Cafe before grabbing a plate. So many options.