Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Epic Cruise Caribbean

Sail Date: February 01, 2015

My wife and i cruised the Norwegian Epic and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  The ship has a lot of amenities and nice restaurants.  The entertainment is varied and inviting and seems to fit the bill for all ages.  We thoroughly enjoyed the energy of the "Legends in Concert" show to such an extent that we saw it more than once.  The show was "sold out" (it is complementary) every night and the Epic Theater holds 800 people!  Wonderful, professional talent was exhibited by the three acts, Jimmy Buffet, Adele and Aretha Franklin, the Legends Orchestra and the Legends singers and dancers.  All I can say is WOW!, don't miss it.  The Dueling Piano show was very entertaining and the artists were really talented.  Don't miss the Cirque Dreams dinner show.  That is worth the extra cost.  I am not a Cirque fan but I was thoroughly entertained.  Great job by all!  We saw the Blue Man Group.  It was n t my cup of tea but I suspect it was for many of the guests based upon the audience response and other comments I heard.  Also enjoyed the Burlesque show.  The general deck was really active and noisy.  I did take advantage of the quiet zone for a while and it was a relief.  I did enjoy, though, the hot tubs and the water slides.

We tried to make the rounds of the different restaurants and meal venues.  I was impressed with the Manhattan Room and the Friday evening entertainment.  I recognized many of the entertainers from the Legends show.  Again, a great experience and i appreciated the talent.  Heard that the Legends are leaving the ship later this year. What a loss!!!  The Garden Buffet was always good with good variety and convenience.

I had to use Medical once and found it very helpful and accomodating.

We enjoyed the "Taste of Cayman" and "Joy of Chocolate" tours very much.  Would have enjoyed the Dunn's River Falls and the Dolphin Encounter more if we could have avoided the very aggressive craft vendor area at Dunn's.  That was a real downer.

The service personnel on board the ship were very helpful and always seemed welcoming. Our Steward was particularly helpful and very good natured.  Loved the towel critters.

Our vacation was very enjoyable.  Could not see the entire ship.  Need another voyage to experience it all!  Thanks, Norwegian!!!

Clean, bright but not glitzy
Restaurants and Complementary dining rooms were well serviced, food great. Service in the Italian Restaurant needs a kick start. I was unhappy with the wait times between courses and the lack of attention of the waiter.t
Clean, sufficient accomodations, but tight as expected, otherwise comfortable.
Our Stateroom attendant was wonderful. Sorry, I cannot remember his name (mid ship rear Deck 9)
Fantastic! Especially Legends and Cirque. What talent, real entertainment, also entertainment in Manhattan Room
I did not personally experience them but friends of ours used them and loved them.
Not as involved in many of the on-board activities but saw that they were enjoyed immensely.
Cayman, great, Cozumel very good, Jamaica, not as inviting although destinations were good
Miami, Florida
Did not visit. Leaving/arriving on Sunday definitely had its advantages (traffic)
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Dunn's River falls is pleasant and nice. Walk the paths or walk the falls. The craft area upon exit is not fun. Vendors too aggressive. Was not fun!
George Town, Grand Cayman
Taste of Cayman well worth it if you like Beer and Rum and Rum Cake. Lots of fun! Otherwise everything is expensive on Grand Cayman
"Joy of Chocolate" tour was very interesting. Learned a lot about Mexico at the Discover Mexico Park in Cozumel. Food and refreshments available at reasonable cost, restroom facilities are clean. Tour guide was very informative.

See as much as you can, Do as much as you can, relax and enjoy yourselves. Read reviews of the On-shore excursions and choose them accordingly