NCL Epic Dec 14-21-2013

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 14, 2013
Cabin Number: GTY

The room was big and little.  What I mean was that there were several bottlenecks where one person had to go somewhere else for us to pass each other.  The Bed and Sofa were both rounded at the end creating the bottlenecks.

The Blue Man Group was great and the Cirque Dreams was excellent (was Cirque Dreams woth $40 each?).  Second City had several good shows, The Legends in Concert was good.  There was a comedy magician.  Count them 7 shows which we had seen in the first 4 nights.  There was no Las Vegas style show.  The Blue Man Group was very good, but that tied up the auditorium for 4 nights of the 7 meaning 3 nights with nothing but a repeat of the performance.

They eliminated cold soups which my wife loves about cruises.  We only ate twice in a main dining room because both times the over marinated meat left me with indigestion all night.  I prefer my steak just cooked without marination and without sauces.  I found prime rib one night in the cafeteria (Garden Cafe), but they sliced it too thin and it was too well done.  I ate a lot of hamburgers.  The deserts looked great, but had very little flavor...was that lime, peach, or lemon?

Overall, it was our worst cruise out of 12 we have taken.  No more big ships.