Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Lets Do it Again

Sail Date: February 09, 2013

My husband and I took this cruise with our best friends from Quincy, Florida. Check in was quick and painless which is always a plus. From the moment we stepped in board service was excellent. We had such a last but there are anew things I should tell you to help you get prepared financially. There is a service charge of $12 per day per person that is charged to your room and you do not have a choice to not pay it. They say it is distributed among certain workers. Also, don't forget there is a fee for sodas, specialty coffee and any alcoholic beverages. These range from 3.00 for a latte to 10.50 for a margarita. Gratuities are automatically charged for any drink u have to pay for. The 2 main restaurants food was good but they always served the same thing each night. We wish their menus would have been different, but the food was still very good. The specialty restaurant we went to was The Moderno. All I can say about this restaurant is "WOW. I would definitely recommend but go very hungry. The cost was $20 person and it is so worth it. I wish they would just add $100 to the cruise fee and allow people to go to all the specialty restaurants for no cost. Also, make sure u have cash when u get off and shop. It just makes shopping easier. I suggest $500-1000 cash for shopping at ports. We have been married 21 years and we bought a very nice platinum ring at St Marteen for a good price. I suggest $500-1000 for shopping on the ship. They have good sales also. I bought some nice jewelry. If u want to do some extreme shopping take lots of money. LOL! Entertainment was great! We lived the Fat Cats Lounge where "Slam Allen and the Band" played 2 shows nightly. Unfortunately he has moved on to the Norwegian Breakaway that leaves from New York. I can't say enough good things about the service. It was awesome. We did not have one person that was rude or unprofessional. That's very impressive for a ship that size and dealing with 4500 guests. We also met a couple from Texas that we believe will be our friends for life. The trip was awesome. The ship was awesome. The service was awesome. Can u guess the one word I can say for this Epic Experience. "AWESOME"!!!!!!!!

Cruise Photos

Definitely try Moderno if u love meat.
We had inside room but if u can afford it get balcony And u can have refrigerator and coffee maker but u don't get those in inside stateroom
Children's Programs Didn't take children
Miami, Florida
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
The beach is right at the port. That was nice
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Prices were good for souvenir
Too crowded. Too many ships at one port at the same time