Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Great itinerary, nice studio, everything else was disappointing

Sail Date: December 08, 2012

The Norwegian Epic is too big and designed horribly. I went down multiple dead ends on several occasions. The ship is also understaffed and the staff that are onboard are hit or miss. Several were incredible and extremely nice and helpful, but most employees that I encountered ignored me or were too busy talking amongst themselves to assist me. The food was HORRIBLE! Now, I refuse to pay extra for dining while on a cruise, so I guess that's where I went wrong, because the food that was included was no better than a high school cafeteria (coupled with poor service, left a bad taste in my mouth). The studio cabins were very swanky and well done. I very much enjoyed my room. Unfortunately, when I ordered room service, two of the three times if took OVER 90 minutes and I had to call and inquire/check on my order progress. The itinerary was quite enjoyable, I very much enjoyed exploring the ports of call. And the everglades tour I took the day of disembarkation was fabulous as well. For being a new and "magnificent" ship, it was definitely disappointing. The art throughout the ship was cheap and the carpets in the hallways was brown! One of the other major disappointments was there was no laundry facility onboard. I was very upset to have to hand wash my clothes in my tiny sink if I didn't want to pay $4.95 per t-shirt for them to clean it. Overall, I've learned from this cruise that Norwegian does not care about its customers at all. Profit is clearly their only bottom line. I've cruised over 10 times with various cruise lines and this was by far the most negative experience I've had.

The waterslides are fun! Just hang out in the hot tubs and watch the line til it gets shorter or wait til it's raining, then there are no lines! :)