Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Smooth Sailing

Sail Date: August 14, 2010

My family has cruised before, but it was amazing being a passenger on board such a new vessel. Everything was clean, current and well organized. We loved being able to eat when and where we wanted, and took advantage of most of the entertainment options. Even the little things like the interactive maps at the elevators and the "wait time" chart for dining options were extremely helpful. My son loved the Recess kids' area so much that we had to beg him to stay with us for dinner some nights! Our travel agent recommended we arrive early on the first day, and we took advantage of that extra time to explore the entire ship. The exercise area was impressive in both the quantity and variety of equipment. I never thought I would spend part of my vacation at the gym, but running on the treadmill and looking out the floor to ceiling windows at the ocean was mesmerizing. Our best dining experience was at Moderno, but we found the food tasty and the service attentive at all the venues. Once we settled in to our balcony stateroom, it accommodated the three of us nicely. We just cant wait to do it all again!

Pros: Newness of the ship, freestyle dining

Cons: Slippery areas surrounding pool

Recommends Norwegian Epic? Yes!

Blue Man Group was fascinating and fun!
Our best meal was at a "cover charge" venue where the taste of the food and the service seemed to be stepped up a notch, but we were extremely happy with the variety and quality of food at the buffets and other restaurants.
Took a few days to get used to the sink / bathroom set up.
I really appreciated the attentiveness of the Recess staff. They took a genuine interest in making sure our son was having fun.

Don't Miss: Atlantis AquaAdventure - this is no "lazy river" attraction. Wish we had more time to do all the water rides.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Don't Miss: My son loved visiting That Yoda Guy in the downtown shopping area.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Don't Miss: Rent the blue floating mats at Megan's Bay and just relax in the waves!