Great ports!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

7 Night Canada & New England (Quebec To Boston)
Sail Date: October 13, 2017
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
I had a great time in most of the ports, but if you are looking for a completely satisfying experience---- fly to a large city, rent a car and drive it. This is especially true if you want to see outlying areas such as Acadia National Park or the Cabot Trail or Peggy's Lighthouse etc. The tours offered through the ship or by taxis or vans at the port are set at an exceedingly high fixed price and certainly not worth it. I wasted $150 for 3 hours in Sydney to see nothing, after the guides say how fantastic everything is. I should have taken tge Regal Princess which was a far better ship and had a slightly better itinerary.
Horrible at Quebec. My mother has a number of medical problems and they would not allow me to bring cases of Coca Cola on board for her. She will not drink Pepsi. A terrible fight ensued and as I was wheeling her off the ship, they allowed us to have our soft drinks. I was ready to rent a car that evening and start driving home. It pretty much ruined the rest of the cruise. I saw many of the crew members taking boxes and suitcases filled with food and Coca Cola soft drinks onto the ship. How hypocritical!!!!!

Some of the dishes were good, but most were of low quality food.

Most activities had a fee , which was what other passengers were complaining about. That the cruise line was nickel and dimeing us for everything.

The only professional show was the gymnasts. All the other acts were second or third rate.

The cabin stewards were excellent as were most of the restaurant staff. Some if them acted bored and didn't want to serve in a timely manner.

Too small. More so than other ships I' ve been on and you only received an upgrade if you bid on it--- they are nickel and dimeing you every step of the way. Also there was a light on outside the window that kept me awake.

Fly in, go by automobile and see a lot more, eat better food, stay in better hotels fir less money than a cruise.

Very touristy!
Nothing to do there unless you want to see a lot of trees and water for $200 for 4 wasted hours.
All the tours at the port were way overpriced, compared to when I was there 5 years ago. I didn't have nearly as good of a time.
A lovely port. Too bad all the tours were a ripoff or I would have taken one.
A great place for hiking or sailing. Again, at $50 to $80 an hour, all the tours were a ripoff. The people who took those tours were sorry they threw away their money on trees and mountains and a too long boring drive. I' m glad I just walked around a lot, went shopping and had a lobster dinner.
Been there many times and attended Harvard and done all that. It is a very congested city.
Not at all efficient to get a taxi. A VERY time consuming experience.