First Time Cruiser

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Western Caribbean (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 10, 2016

The Norwegian Dawn was amazing.  I saw reviews before leaving of people saying the ship was dated but I didn't find that to be true.  The process of arrival and departure were very organized and swift.  We had two tender days and two dock days.  The tender process was very well planned and ran smoothly, as did the dock days.  Each time we came back to the ship there were cold drinks and towels awaiting us.  The staff on this ship is the most accommodating crew of people I have ever experienced.  They were very friendly and attentive.  Most crew members even remembered your name after meeting you which amazed me since there were over 2000 passengers.  We were informed that the boat is being dry docked next month for a total renovation so I am excited to see the changes that are made.

The Dawn singers and dancers were very talented. The stamina they have is amazing.

Cruise Director Richard was born for that job. He is everywhere on the ship and I often wondered if he ever slept.

Cabin was kept impeccably clean, it was like being a kid again and having your mother pick up after you. I especially enjoyed the towel creations every evening. It was a highlight of my day to come back and see what had been made for me.

I liked the fact that the ship was smaller, it hold approx 2000 passengers. My favorite is the Freestyle program that Norwegian offers. You can dine anytime you want and don't have to be on a schedule. It is vacation and I don't want to be on schedules.

Stay out of French Quarter when sun goes down.
Do all of your shopping here, Best prices by far of all the destinations.
Great place to do island tour to show you how fortunate you are. Very sad the state of the people.
Take a Chocchoban ruins tour, its the best.