First and last cruise on Norwegian
Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Sail Date: April 10, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
Cabin Type: Inside
Cabin Number: 9615
Traveled As: Singles/Friends
Reviewed: 1 year ago
- Movies all day on 2 channels
- Wifi good
- Entertainers Jose and Patti great
- I was traveling solo in an interior cabin (first and last time for THAT!). I asked them to remove both the table and 1 bed so I could get my mobility scooter in and out of the cabin, which they promptly did.
Negative- day by day comments
4/10- Poor markings throughout ship- should have arrows pointing forward, aft (fish on floor don't help much because they're not in all locations); should be signs that say "Port", Starboard" like Holland America has
4/11- Wooden coffee stirrers with room service breakfast- how about a SPOON?
-Should have Lactaid milk- only option offered for lactose intolerance was soy milk
-220 outlet not like other cruise lines (Oceania, Holland America)- my adapters were useless
-Male bingo caller went too fast- I had bingo but didn't get to say it before he called next #; Lorena went at a much better pace
-Cocktails much more expensive than Holland America (Cosmo $12 vs. $9)
4/12- I told my steward- twice, and the front office- twice- about a problem in my stateroom. It never was resolved
4/13- Brought breakfast at 9:16- card marked 9:30-10:00.
- only one of 4 elevators would go down to deck 4 for tender- they didn't tell anybody or put a sign up. I am handicapped, and could not take stairs. There should have been signs posted saying "use this elevator to go to deck 4".
- There was definitely a shortage of information provided to guests throughout the entire cruise- poor/incomplete communication of things that passengers needed to know.
4/14- stewards talking loudly in the hall every morning. I don't mind talking, but their voices were louder than they needed to be. Some guests are still asleep at 8am!
-Tenders only came every 30 minutes- again, not provided with information that the schedule this day would be different than day before; no chairs for handicapped to sit while waiting 20 minutes
- Excursion returned 45 minutes late, missed bingo
- burned tongue on soup
4/15- fiasco at dinner. I was told that if I arrived when the dining room opened at 5, I would be able to have a table by a window in an excellent server's section. I arrived right at 5, but the hostess did not see me on deck 6 (strange configuration of dining room entrance- between decks 6 and 7. Fine for those who can use stairs- not so much for us handicapped folks). By the time she became aware of my presence, the tables by the window at that station were taken by others. I did what I was supposed to do, but once again, poor communication among staff cost me that table.
4/16- talked c Radu, Maitre d' of Venetian about 4/15 incident; he had table by window at Claudette's station for me at 6:30. Great dinner.
- Bingo that afternoon not done well- they made those just wanting raffle results wait for 2 of the 3 games of bingo before the drawing- seen by many of us as an obvious attempt to get them to buy bingo cards. Then they sold instant win tickets in between games, making those of us who did not want them wait.
- No bottles of soft drinks available for sale- and only Pepsi products.
4/17- brought breakfast at 7:40- scheduled for 8-830! Woke me up, and didn't seem to understand or care.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
try to get them to give you complete information!