Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

NCL Dawn

Sail Date: March 06, 2016

This was my 10th cruise but first time on NCL. The ship was older but very,very well taken care of. The care they took of this ship was impressive.The food was good but not outstanding which seems to be the normal for the last few cruises I have taken with other cruise lines as well. If you want premium food it's available for extra charges. The ports of call were nothing special but had enough to do if you wanted to take an excursion. The five stars were for the crew, I cannot say enough good things about them. They were all pleasant and willing to go the extra mile for us. I actually felt they wanted to get to know us and we're guenually interested in their guests. Richard our cruise director is the best of the 10 ships I have been on, what made this ship spectacular was the talent of his team. I felt like we had 4 cruise directors making them capable of running several actives at once. Shows were great and I feel all this rubbed off on is guest and we were all relaxed and having a good time. I booked two deposits for future cruises with NCL hoping their other ships can live up to my expectations that the NCL Dawn set for me.

Cabin / Stateroom It was good, nothing great but the bed was comfortable, the air conditioning worked good and the shower was hot.
I did not take children but I noticed how they worked with the kids and watched the talent show they had them do in the theater. Good stuff!