A mixed experience
Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western
Sail Date: November 22, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
Cabin Type: Balcony
Cabin Number: 8516
Traveled As: Couple
Reviewed: 1 year ago
This was our first cruise in a Norwegian cruise ship; we wanted to see how this company compared with the other cruise companies.
We liked the
1. fast check-in process Sunday afternoon.
2. space to walk on Deck 7 ( but only when smokers did not foul up the air.)
3. freedom to try 4 different food services, though we were surprised that our on-line reservations for Aqua and Venetian did not take.
4. friendliness/courtesy of the cabin crew, who always greeted us when we passed them in the corridors.
5. young man assigned to clean our room--Rey did a very good job with our room and he was very courteous.
6. upbeat shows in the Starlite Theatre, esp. ones by the highly versatile (man-n-wife) magician team and the creative Second City performers.
We were less impressed with the
1. quality of food offerings in the Garden Cafe even as we realized the difficulty of cooking for such a large group; we had expected to see more vegetarian offerings in light of the dire warnings about meat consumption.
2. quality of interactions with the staff in the Garden Cafe--with rare exceptions, the staff was focused only on clearing dirty dishes swiftly, perhaps the understanding that they would share in the daily $13.50 each guest pays played a role here. Come to think of it, the waitstaff in Aqua and Venetian appeared quite harried, to the point that they had little time to interact with the guests they were serving.
3. hi fi service on board--we had difficulty connecting to the internet and the manager of the Internet Cafe made us feel that we were disturbing him each of the 2 times we sought help. We ended up not using half of the minutes purchased.
Food and Dining
Service and Staff
Cabin / Stateroom
Guests who exercise regularly will find the walking path on Deck 7 to their liking. Sports fans will like the in-cabin TV programming, esp. the showing of NCAA and NFL games as they were being played, and the Premier League Soccer games shown in the ESPN channel.