Common Courtesy

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Sail Date: July 04, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
Cabin Number: GTY

The staff was very polite and met all of my needs. The Captain and staff with their expertise made us feel that there was not a hurricane outside our balcony.

The biggest fault was ths SMOKING.  I WAS UNABLE TO ESCAPE THE SMOKE ON MY BALCONY AND THEREFORE IN MY ROOM.  I PAID EXTRA TO ENJOY THE BALCONY AND ENJOY THE QUIETUDE OF THE OCEAN BUT THAT WAS NOT WHAT I EXPERIENCED. I was unable to use the outside pool and needed to pay extra for the Spa.  Many of the talks were given in areas where smoking also kept me from attending. I was unable to walk the track or play shuffleboard due to smokers.

It would seem to me that there should be places for smokers as the cigar bar which cut down on smoke.  In this day when we know second smoke causes cancer and is not beneficial to those who have allergies that the needs of all could be met better than they are on the Dawn

I have been on other Norwegian cruises in the past and have been very pleased that is why I suggested to my daughter that we cruise on the Dawn.  On both the Alaska and Carribbean cruses I did not notice any smoking.

the buffet food could have been better the other restaurant food and room service was good

not applicable although the y put on a good show

Worth every penny

Except for the smoking that came onto and in our room