Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Bermuda

Why I would think twice before cruising with NCL again?

Sail Date: July 04, 2014

Cabin: GTY

My wife and I were cruising from Boston to Bermuda on Norwegian Dawn 7/4-11/2014.

1. On 7/5/2014 my wife burnt her hair with hair dryer in our cabin. I called 00 house service to report the problem. The hair dryer got overheated (spiral turned bright red hot). I requested maintenance man to step in and replace the dryer. Needless to say that such malfunction may not only cause serious injury but a fire as well. Instead someone in poor English started explain me how to use dryer. As retired Electrical Engineer I have elementary understanding os its function and use. Besides we've use dryers and similar deviced for many years. Nobody showed up.

We complained to Customer Service. After awhile someone showed up, checked the dryer and confirmed that it's too hot. He spoke to Room Services and nobody showed up. Later dryer worked ok though we never received any feedback concerning the issue. I had never expienced anything like thay in my previous cruises. We had not filed complain to save our own nerves.

2. We arrive to Bermuda 7/7/2014 one day later. Customer Service explained me that Hurrcaine Arthur caused delay. But ship's information bulletin/paper that informed of cruise news and activities failed to inform about changed schedule and publish updated itinerary. I had to acquire personally.

3. There were no beach towels for rent at the gangway. They were always available in the pase as well as drinking water (for purchase). There was neither on this cruise. On my request I got an advice to get to the 12th deck (pool deck) and get both items there. I was at the front of the ship on 4th deck and had to go to the rear of the ship to 12th deck and back. This is nothing but mockery and insult. And this is not crew creativity. We have not filed complain to save our own aggravation.

4. Departure time from Bermuda had been changed without advanced announcement in information leaflet. As a result our plans for second day and Bermuda were messed up.

Crowded