Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Love the free-style dining

Sail Date: April 07, 2013

The free style dining is so nice! You don't have to get dressed up every night, and that saves more time to do other things on the boat. There were some great activities on the boat, but I noticed there were more catered to the elderly. I would have liked more activities that were for the late 20's age range. There were a lot of sport things to do and music choices to listen to. It was a bummer we had to skip one port, but they made up for it by giving free rum and punch drinks for a couple hours. I went on the cruise for my honeymoon, and we REALLY enjoyed it. I usually get motion sickness, but I didn't on this cruise (we had really smooth sailing). I would definitely cruise with Norwegian again, it is the best bang for your buck!
Very nice and updated.
Buffet had just as good food as the dining room.
Plenty of room for two people.
EVERY staff member always greeted you as you passed by.
Shows were a little corny, and they need to gear the activities for all age groups. Whenever we went to an activity they chose the elderly people to participate.
I didn't have children on the ship, but it seemed like there was a lot to do. They even had a teen only area, and a toddler day care.
There were plenty of games to play around the ship. We never had to wait to play ping pong, or golf, or chess. I like that the library had activities to do.
I would prefer to have gone to other Caribbean countries other than Mexico. We stopped at Honduras and Belize, and two in Mexico.
Tampa, Florida
Not much to do around the port. Book a flight closer to your cruise arrival.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Roatan was the most beautiful island. Get a massage from one of the locals. Good and cheap.
Belize City, Belize
Skip cave tubing. We only went into one cave and the water was cold.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico We didn't get to go because the winds were too high.
We went snorkeling, it was pretty, but stay closer to the shore, there is way more fish there.

I think the buffet food was just as good as the dining food (if not better). The first night in the dining room there was lobster and steak, so I expected just as good dining the rest of the nights, but it wasn't. Stick to the buffet.